Progress in Reading Assessment (PiRA) is a standardised, curriculum-linked suite of tests designed for whole-class use and for pupils of all abilities. Uniquely, the series offers three tests for each primary school year, to monitor pupils' progress term by term, and provides reliable, predictive and diagnostic information. Or you can pick the test(s) you want, to give you maximum flexibility to assess just at the beginning, middle or end of each year, if you prefer.
- simple and quick to administer and mark - taking just 30 to 40 minutes to assess a whole class
- standardised scores, NC levels and reading ages, plus a diagnostic profile which supports Assessing Pupil's Progress (APP), will give you a wealth of information and make you more effective in managing learning in your classroom
- a decimalised PiRA scale score, based on the termly performance data of over 10,000 pupils nationally, lets you monitor small increments of progress and gives a reliable basis for predicting pupil progress and setting realistic targets
- a separate test is available for autumn, spring and summer terms for Years 1-6, and for the spring and summer terms in Reception
- attractively presented, to engage the children - the Key Stage One tests are produced in full colour.
This Manual contains full instructions for administering, scoring and using all eight of the Stage One tests, from Reception to the end of Year 2 (norms for ages 4:3 to 8:3).
For fuller information, go to http://www.hoddertests.co.uk/tfsearch/reading/pira.htm