This is Geography
Download brand new teacher materials here!
Download your contents grid and National Curriculum coverage chart here!
The new National Curriculum places an emphasis on helping all young people to become successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve. If you're ready for a change, then This is Geography is the course for you. This is Geography seizes the opportunity provided by the new National Curriculum to cover less content, but to get more learning, and more relevant learning, out of it.
This is Geography:
- Is written by award winning author John Widdowson, who is part of the Geographical Association team working on best practice in 'curriculum making' and has won their Silver Award for educational resources three times.
- Is easy to implement because it does not feature too many components, follows a simple structure and offers focused support material.
- Engages pupils by catering for a full range of learning styles and using tasks that provide something for all pupils.
- Ensures non specialist teachers are supported with the course following a simple, logical structure, supported by Teacher's Resource Books offering detailed and focused lesson plans.
For each year of Key Stage 3, the course comprises:
- A Pupil's Book which ensures material is appropriate for age and attainment levels
- A Teacher's Resource Book that provides full, but flexible, support for teachers
- eLearning Activities CD-ROM that provides e-learning activities to support and extend the use of the Pupil Book, including web-based searches, animations, video clips, pictures, whiteboard activities and much more is available for This is Geography 1
Download the This is Geography Courseguide here.
Find out more about Olympic Fieldwork possibilities here