Go straight to what you need
Hodder Education provides carefully designed assessment resources for ages 4 to 16+, to help you learn more about pupils' progress, and their particular needs. Our wide range includes standardised, diagnostic and informal assessments for Special Needs, Early Years, Spelling, Literacy, Numeracy, Formative Assessment and General Abilities.
'Hodder tests...definitely do add value to the teaching and learning process by being clear, simple, cost effective and high quality and by providing very useful pupil progress data.' Graham Sigley, Deputy Director, Catch Up
- Provides a wealth of practical ideas to help you develop easy-to-manage assessment processes for the revised Early Years Foundation Stage
- A hands-on guide for implementing early years classroom assessment that will enhance learning.
- Test 1 is for mid/late year 5, to identify strengths and weaknesses in good time
- Test 2 will help to pinpoint specific teaching needs in early/mid Year 6 and help to ensure that pupils are fully prepared for the KS2 test
- Enables personalised assessment for learning to help ensure all pupils reach the spelling standard
- Allows regular progress monitoring with standardised scores and spelling ages which underpin the summative assessments
- Maps to the latest guidelines for teaching phonics and early reading, and the new Year 1 'phonics screen' assessment.
- Uses words and non-words to assess both phonic knowledge and use of phonics for reading, plus reading accuracy and comprehension.
- The Basic Number Screening Test is a quick, reliable assessment focusing on children's understanding of number and number operations.
- Assesses National Curriculum teaching from Years 1 to 5, making the test suitable for use throughout Key Stage 2.