Endorsed by CACHE, this is the ideal book for you if you are an early years professional, a Level 2 or Level 3 child care learner, are working in a pre-school or are working as a child minder. This book will de-mystify the revised 2012 Early Years Foundation Stage, and show how you can deliver the new EYFS using the best and most effective standards of professional practice.
Each chapter explains a key theme of the EYFS and follows the same model to ensure ease of reading: 'Understanding this theme', 'Looking at children', 'What the experts say' and 'Effective practice'.
The most important theory and research relating to each aspect of the EYFS is clearly and simply explained, and suggestions as to how this can influence effective practice are included.
Links between child development and the EYFS are demonstrated using carefully analysed observations of children at different ages, highlighting not only common themes but also the uniqueness in every child's learning and development.
Case studies in every chapter provide practical examples of best practice and activities help you reflect on and develop your own practice.
- Supports students and professionals with the understanding and application of the revised EYFS
- Covers all the key aspects of the revised EYFS relating to support for children's learning and development, with an emphasis on explaining best practice and practical examples
- Explains some of the complex ideas within the revised EYFS in simple and accessible language
- Provides opportunities for self evaluation and reflection on practice to support students and existing practitioners
- Clearly and simply explains the latest theory and research as relates to the EYFS and how it can influence effective practice
- Endorsed by CACHE, giving you the assurance that the content has been approved by the leading awarding body in Child Care qualifications.
CACHE Level 2, Level 3