Following the success of the Globe Education Shakespeare series in print and digital Dynamic Learning formats, Globe Education and Hodder Education announce the launch of four iBook versions of the publications this year - each one breathing new life into Shakespeare's play texts. Unique resources from Shakespeare’s Globe enable students to actively engage with the plays’ language,character and key themes.
Available exclusively on the iBookstore, the Globe Education Shakespeare iBooks offer a fresh approach to engaging 11 to 16 year olds, helping them to understand Shakespeare’s plays as performance texts. The editions feature activities from the rehearsal room and provide an insight into the way Shakespeare is created in performance today, allowing students to experience the same process of exploration and discovery as actors at Shakespeare’s Globe.
Each new Globe Education Shakespeare iBook includes:
Globe Education Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet and Globe Education Shakespeare: Macbeth are available now exclusively on the iBookstore.
- Audio and video clips plus photos to bring the play texts to life
- A clear glossary of terms so that students can understand each and every line
- Interviews with actors to help students gain insight into the feelings and motivations behind the characters
- Questions and Rehearsal Room activities that can be used for class or homework activity
- Examiner study tips focusing students on key areas of study
- Key themes and reference overview to enable students to find examples easily
- Scrolling scenes so readers can look at the whole scene, not page by page, making the play easily accessible
- Shakespeare’s World boxes give succinct explanations of the historical context
Globe Education Shakespeare: Much Ado About Nothing and Globe Education Shakespeare: A Midsummer Night’s dream will be released shortly.
Print and Dynamic Learning versions of the publications are also available.